Job Location: Corporate
Serves as a member of the association leadership team, providing strategic leadership to attract, develop, and retain the best talent available. Oversees the development and implementation of talent management/human resources policies, plans, and services including recruitment, selection, legal compliance, employee benefits, compensation, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, employment practices and procedures, employee communications, and events. Additionally, develops and implements association-wide risk management programs in various areas including loss control, worker’s compensation, insurance, vehicle and driver safety, emergency procedures, and safety and health.
• Participates in strategic planning for the organization
• Provides leadership and consulting support to executives and management on matters of reinforcing culture, setting goals, and developing policy
• Assists in talent management, including new employee training and leadership development, retention, recognition, and employee communication
• Assesses and evaluates staff development needs and develops programs to meet needs
• Develops and maintains performance management and appraisal programs
• Provides assistance to employees and supervisors with questions and workplace problems
• Oversees compensation and benefit programs, including job description and classification, salary structure, and salary adjustments
• Oversees benefit plan communication, enrollment, and administration
• Assesses the competitiveness of human resources programs and practices against the relevant markets and makes recommendations for improvements and changes
• Remains current with employment laws and regulations
• Maintains an effective program of compliance with laws and regulations related to human resources and manages relationships with compliance agencies
• Oversees human resources systems and employee records to ensure accuracy and improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization
• Ensures timely and accurate submission of data requested by the EEOC, YMCA of the USA, Department of Labor, etc.
• Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs
• Identifies and cultivates appropriate and effective sources for candidates for all levels of jobs
• Monitors Association’s compliance with laws related to safety and health and guides association in developing related policies and procedures to ensure compliance
• Ensures that facilities, vehicles, and programs are inspected to identify potential hazards and exposures, recommending practical solutions to leadership, allowing for continued monitoring and improvement
• Monitors and tracks improvement in existing risk management programs
• Leads and provides staff support to center safety committees
• Works with insurance brokers, providers, and adjusters in managing insurance programs, including annual renewal and claims
• Directs the vehicle and driver’s safety programs
• Conducts association driver trainings
Please send cover letter/resume to:
Chris Wiener, HR Specialist
Job Location: Corporate
The Development Data Specialist will maintain, improve, and grow YMCA of WNC’s integrated development technology initiative. All development data was just migrated to RE and applicants must be willing to implement the system based on YMCA of WNC’s fundraising needs. Applicants must also be passionate about finding ways to optimize website and database systems to support the organization's community engagement and fundraising work. As Y’s fundraising database expert, this position maintains technical components of the database, oversees database applications, and coordinates fundraising and other programs that utilize these tools.
• Input gifts to Raisers Edge and create acknowledgments for gifts received.
• Improve and maintain data integrity and the structure of RE database coding systems.
• Work with staff to develop structure and processes for expanded use of these tools.
• Identify and develop file segmentation for targeted mail and email appeals.
• Support and test the development of fundraising tools on Y’s website, including Y-teamraiser, e-commerce, and donation forms. Test, evaluate, and maintain integrity of these tools.
• Provide data for analysis and evaluation of Y’s community engagement and fundraising activities by creating and managing higher-level queries, data exports, and reports in Raiser’s Edge.
• Develop, maintain, and enforce business rules around constituent data and across database platforms. Coordinate trainings; write & maintain training materials and system documentation.
• Maintain the data entry processes and ongoing hygiene of database systems.