At the Y, we make life simpler. When you register for afterschool by August 4, 2014, you will automatically be registered for summer camp 2015. Here is everything you get:
* Registered for every week of Afterschool and all of Summer Camp 2015
* Lock in 2014 camp rates for all of 2015 - Pay for only a max of nine weeks of camp
* Pay only one registration fee and NO deposits needed for 2015 camp
* Spread the cost of camp over the entire year to lower your payments
* Receive a full year Household/Family Membership* to all the Ys in WNC!!!
* Receive member rates for all programs at the Y - engage in a healthier lifestyler for free!
* You MUST be registered for Afterschool by August 4, 2014 under the year-round option for promotion to apply!!
* Good for Asheville City and Buncombe County schools only. Contact the office at 828-210-2273 to learn about all details!!
School-Age Child Care at the YMCA builds self-esteem, values and leadership skills. You’ll know your children are growing and exploring their potential; they’ll think they’re just having fun. The YMCA offers North Carolina 4 & 5 star-rated, licensed programs designed for ages 5-12 that is based on the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. We offer developmentally-appropriate activities that will enhance your child’s confidence, enrich his or her social and physical development and encourage self-expression. Our program includes arts and crafts, sports, cooking, adventure, teambuilding, anti-bullying programs, obesity prevention, swimming (swim lessons available), Group X classes including Yoga, homework assistance (tutoring available), group games, outside play and more
All YMCA School-Age Child Care staff members are certified in CPR, standard first aid and emergency procedures. In addition, counselors receive 40 hours of additional training in topics such as conflict resolution, child-abuse prevention, Stewards of Children national certification training, diversity, program development, group management, anti-bullying, team building and developmental assets. No matter our age, we are students, too. Continuing education is required of all child care staff to maintain certifications.
ASHEVILLE CITY SCHOOLS: Afterschool Program located at YMCA Youth Services Center in No Asheville. Transportation provided.
BUNCOMBE COUNTY SCHOOLS: Afterschool Programs located in the elementary schools throughout Buncombe County.
MCDOWELL COUNTY SCHOOLS: Afterschool Program located at the Corpening Memorial YMCA.
THE YMCA IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING CHILD CARE SUBSIDY VOUCHERS for our Buncombe County and McDowell County locations.
The YMCA does have limited financial assistance available through our Healthier Communities Campaign.
Child Care Services YMCA
Asheville City, Buncombe County, & Henderson County programs
828.210.2273 or [email protected]
Corpening Memorial YMCA
McDowell County programs
828.659.9622 or [email protected]