March means spring is almost here and summer is just around the corner! Many of us have set health goals in January but by March, we may have lost our momentum and need a little support or we may have received conflicting messages which foods are the healthiest for us. Working with a registered dietitian can help you manage all of these things and many more.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A registered dietitian is the health care provider who is the food and nutrition expert. A registered dietitian's training which includes a four year degree (although most complete their masters degree), a year-long internship and successful completion of a registration exam. Their training makes them uniquely qualified to discuss our food choices and how it impacts our health.
Here Are Just a Few Reasons to Work with a Registered Dietitian:
• Improved strategies for life long weight management
• Competitive edge for sports performance
• Reduced overall body fat and increased muscle mass
• Improved energy levels
• Decreased food cravings and binges
• Prevention/management of chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancer and G.I issues such as celiac disease.
• Better eating habits before, during and after pregnancy to reduce complications & promote healthy weight gain
• Retaining that youthful glow and slowing signs of aging
• Promoting brain health and a powerful immune system
• And many more!
You can find a registered dietitian in the Asheville Area at: eatright.org
Carol and Denise