Karate Kick Off at MPHC
Our martial arts programs give students a chance to learn some of the basic elements karate has to offer. This discipline will help kids not only become more engaged in physical activity, but also helps teach them self-defense skills. Martial arts will also help individuals who participate become more focused and provide a terrific outlet for kids. These classes are not meant to promote fighting. Our focus is on instilling values such as discipline, becoming more self-aware and developing an ability to put mind over matter for our youth. All classes will be instructed by a certified and well trained karate instructor.
Please email Erin Wilkinson with any questions, or call 828 209 5015.
- Ages: 4 - 13
- Location: YMCA at Mission Pardee Health Campus
- Dates: April 10 - June 28
- Ages 4 - 6 meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 - 6:00 p.m.
- Ages 7 -13 meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
- Price: $160 for Y members, $190 for non-members. One time fee of $50 required for pads and uniform.
We will offer free demo days on February 26 and 28 from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. for all ages. There will be demonstrations by the instructor along with time for him to answer any questions.