YMCA Open House showcases STEM, new programs
Join Jan. 26-29 and receive up to $100 toward program registration
The public is invited to explore the updated Hendersonville Family YMCA at an open house on Saturday, Jan. 27 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The first 200 new members who join the Hendersonville Family Y or the YMCA at Mission Pardee Health Campus between Jan. 26-29 will receive a gift card to use toward YMCA programs such as day or overnight camp, swim lessons, youth sports, or small group training. In addition, the joining fee will be waived.
Open House Schedule
- 10 a.m. The Imagination Station in the Youth Development Center is an innovative space for kids to explore STEM concepts by designing and building their own creations.
- 10 -11:15 a.m. Gait analysis with a personal trainer
- 11:15 a.m. - 12 p.m. Squat/Deadlift 101
- 11:30 a.m. Workout of the Day (WOD) class
- 12 p.m. Mad Science introduces kids to conducting science experiments
- 12:30 - 1 p.m. Kettlebell demos with a personal trainer
- 1 - 1:20 p.m. Kidfit exercise demo
Try a program on us
Membership in the Y includes access to all seven local facilities, as well as discounts on all Y programs. The first 200 new members who join the Hendersonville Family Y or Y at Mission Pardee Health Campus from Jan. 26-29 will receive up to $100 to use on any Y program and pay no joining fee.
"Maybe your child would like to try lacrosse or got to Camp Watia. Maybe you'd like to set up a personal training session or learn to swim. You name it, and the Y has a program for you," said Christine Vanard, membership director at the Hendersonville Family Y. "We'd love to introduce you to our newly renovated facility and all that we have to offer the community."
The gift card amounts range from $50 for an individual membership to $100 for a household, and are valid on the purchase of any YMCA of WNC program.
Click here to RSVP for the Open House.