Membership Means More
The YMCA of Western North Carolina is your community connection to feeling great through programs that support youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We’re a charitable organization committed to building communities that are healthy in spirit, mind, and body -- and that starts with you!
Here's what your membership includes:
- UNLIMITED access to eight YMCA facilities across Buncombe, Henderson, and McDowell counties
- Membership reciprocity at YMCAs throughout North Carolina and selected YMCAs nationwide (Find a Y)
- State-of-the-art strength and cardio equipment. Open gym and swim times.
- More than 500 FREE group exercise classes per month
- FREE Coaching Connection consultations with a YMCA wellness coach to create a custom fitness plan that will get you started and keep you on track.
- FREE unlimited guest passes*
- FREE onsite child care while you exercise, including separate, fun areas for youth ages 8-12
- Personal training for individuals or small groups (additional fee applies)
- Savings on programs and youth/adult sports
- Earn a free month when you refer a friend
How to Join
There are two ways to join the Y. Review our membership categories and rates, then choose the plan that works best for you!
- Well-Being Membership: Make a 12-month commitment to your health and we'll lower monthly rate and waive the joining fee.
- Month-to-Month Membership: No commitment required. Higher monthly rates and joining fee apply.
Try our rate estimator to get your personalized rate:
If your employer participates in Y-Health Plan, you will need to contact one of our team members to join. Please visit or call a Y near you. See Locations for contact information.
Financial assistance is available through the Y-Access program thanks to the support of generous donors to our annual campaign.