The Y is a working parent's best friend. When school is out for winter or spring break, teacher work days, or other one-off holidays, the Y is in with all-day, fun active child care. It's a win-win. There's no "I'm bored!" from the kids, and you don't have to stress while you're at work.
School's Out Locations
- Enka District: Sand Hill serves Pisgah, Candler, Hominy Valley, and West Buncombe
- Roberson District: Koontz serves Estes, Avery’s Creek, and Glen Arden
- Reynolds District: Oakley serves Fairview, Oakley, and Bell
- Owen District: W.D. Williams serves Black Mountain
- North: Weaverville serves North Buncombe and Barnardsville
- Pleasant Gardens
- UNCA Kellogg Center or Hendersonville Family Y
Winter Break Camp
Dates to come
Spring Break Camp
Dates to come
School's Out days come at no additional cost to YMCA of WNC Afterschool participants in Buncombe, Henderson, and McDowell counties.
For non-program participants:
$40/day Buncombe County
$30/day McDowell County
In Henderson County, program runs from 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. for children ages 4-12.
Registration is now open for afterschool care for the 2018-2019 school year.
Thanks to the support of generous donors to our annual campaign, the Y offers financial assistance based on need and available funds.
The Y is currently accepting child care subsidy vouchers for our Buncombe County and McDowell County locations.